Monday, July 8, 2013

Lily Collins' Opinion About Clary's Red Hair Saying "My hair is red enough"

When the movie first started filming, a lot of fans were complaining about Lily Collins new red hair colour. So, Lily Collins and Cassandra Clare started discussing the colour issue. Cassandra Clare believes the hair colour is such a small thing compared to the whole plot of the book.
“Everyone was blogging, ‘Your hair is not red enough!’ and I was like, “First of all, you’re seeing me in the shade walking in Toronto, it looks darker but on screen with the lighting…” Collins tells us. “But when I asked [Cassandra Clare] about the red hair, she goes, ‘Well, I never exactly specified what colour red; that’s the fans.’ So that was a weight off my shoulders.
“I’m like, ‘Did I miss something, that they talked about how red her hair was?’ and she’s like, “No, you just keep doing your thing. Someone is always going to have something to say, but you were chosen for a reason.” And she had every faith in all the actors. So that was kind of the most important thing.”
Collins should know after all, as a self-proclaimed fan of the series long before the role came up. What she loved about Clary was how much she could identify with the troubled teen: “She is really close to her mom and this whole journey is about her quest to save her, and she’ll do anything she can to get her back. I’m so close with mine, so I saw myself in that position as doing exactly what Clary would have done.” 
(Interview via SciFi Now)

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Google+