Monday, July 22, 2013

Lily Collins Tells THR that 'THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS' is 'Sexier' Than Other YA Adaptations

At the San Diego Comic Con (on Friday), The Hollywood Reporter had a chance to talk to Lily Collins.
"It's exciting to see the excitement that people have about it," Collins tells The Hollywood Reporter. "I was in Dublin recently shooting a movie in the middle of nowhere, and these girls just come over to me crying and they just started screaming, 'August 21!' and I said, 'What happens on August 21?' I was totally in a different movie mindset. They're like, 'The movie!'"
In the Q&A section, Lily Collins talks about what sets The Mortal Instruments apart from other YA Book-to-Movie Adaptions:
The Hollywood Reporter: While these films are based on a YA novel, how dark is this world? Is this movie for kids?
Collins: It's really dark. There's humor in it, which I think makes it different than any other franchise. It has a comedic undertone. But the world is darker than some of the teenage franchises that we've seen. It's very goth and underground. So, probably not for the youngest viewers. I think it will appeal to them because the boys having their action sequences, but I definitely think it will appeal to the older groups because it's sexier.
Read the full interview over at The Hollywood Reporter.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Google+